Friday, November 21, 2014

Different kind of tenterhooks

I mentioned that I had taken part in a theatre workshop and was waiting to learn the results of the tune-up the five participating playwrights did on their plays under the guidance of Stephen Massicotte. We worked with Stephen on our scripts, did feverish rewrites based on his wise questions, and then enjoyed a table reading of the scripts with local actors.

I just learned that my short play, "Sprite Fight", will be part of the production Script Happens at the Saint John Theatre January 22-24, 2015. They will present three of the plays, including one with a very engaging devil and another where the main characters are two pigeons. This will be the first production for "Sprite Fight".

You never know that you get the gig until you get it; but once you get it, you land on a different kind of tenterhooks. Between now and January I can't do any rewriting, and probably the director would not appreciate a flow of helpful suggestions from the playwright. So I just need to get on with writing other stuff, and enjoy the tingle of anticipation of opening night.

See you there!
Saint John Theatre Company

No comments: