Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Old Fogey


I have a bit of a reputation in my family for going to the video store (that's how long ago I developed this reputation) and bringing home what we came to call "Boffo European Comedies". As in, "they may be funny to the people who hate these people, but they sure ain't funny to us." The foundation stone of this series was I Even Met Happy Gypsies, of which the most memorable scenes were the repeated repossession of the family television and attempts to push the body of the dead man through a hole in the frozen river.

Well, I did it again today, although I was mine only victim, with a German romantic comedy which starts with a horrid German gentleman in Turkey running over a hitchhiker with a car that has a dead body in the trunk. A dead body which we begin to suspect is the body of the hitchhiker's true love. I can't say for sure, because my old fogey meter hit red and the movie is on its way back to Netflix.



I don't understand. And get off my lawn.

No comments: