Monday, January 25, 2010

Too good to set aside

In the fall I went on a little sprint of writing short plays. Completed four; have as many as seven more in the pipeline. But I had to put that aside for the next few months while I work on a huge (8,000 pages or so) project with a tight deadline.

I have been worrying that when I finally get back to the short plays I will find that they have become dusty and uninteresting. But not so. I just visited one of the unfinished short plays, where it sits in my project space on Celtx. It is very funny, sort of crazy, and is either almost done (if it turns one way) or still in the opening scene (if it flowers a different way). I am so totally tempted to put the big project aside and work on this little baby. Must. resist. cute. script.

No comments: