Monday, June 7, 2010

The lines, the lines!

Titus rehearsals are going well. On Sunday we had a morning of combat training for all those moments when bodies go flying or sharp objects zip quickly past earnest actors' body parts. In the afternoon we ran--well, staggered--through the entire show, and not too badly.

With two weeks to go, here is my updated Goalscape of the lines I have to learn. The light-colored areas are where I still have work to do:
Those two big scenes at the bottom of the chart are obviously where I have to put my energies. I have left them until now because they are full of long speeches by me with relatively little interaction with other actors. I did the other scenes first so I could give my fellow cast members some lively and appropriate interaction, to feed energy back to them. In Act 2, scene 3, I do a lot of talking to paving stones, which have not minded the neglect so far.

Drawback of getting older, that I had not noted until now, is that my eyesight has changed so that, when I lie down to talk intimately with said stones, I am too close to my script to read the words. Good stimulus to learning them, I guess.

No comments: