Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hand quandary

So I have this meeting on Friday with people I have never met before and with whom I would like to have a continuing relationship. And I have spent the last several days crawling around on a former factory floor, hauling nails and trashing old carpet and laying down a couple of layers of paint so it can turn into my wife's new painting studio (she has an existing studio on the fifth floor of the same old factory building, but is moving down to the second floor, nearer to the gallery and just a long reach above the canal that runs beside the building).

From all that crawling and hauling and painting, my hands are a mess. I think I can get them to lose the very odd color (sort of a faded yellow) they are now exhibiting, without scrubbing the skin clear off. But do I decorate myself in band-aids to cover all the nicks and gashes, so I look like I just got out of Outpatients? Or do I leave the nicks and gashes on display (manly stoicism) and hope I don't run into someone who hates the sight of blood?

I could wear opera gloves...

No comments: