Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Table reading

We had a table reading of 'The Straight Line' last night at a local coffee shop after it closed for the day (April, part of the cast and pictured below, works in the cafe). Jerry, the author, read the part of Jim as I haven't found the right actor for that part yet.


The reading went far, far better than I had thought it might--often, first read-throughs are slack in energy and suffer from technical issues (more actors than you would think possible have reading difficulties). I enjoyed myself a lot, and look forward to the start of rehearsals. I have started a Facebook site to track the progress of the show. If you are on Facebook, search 'groups' for

Image Theater's "The Straight Line"

and get the latest news shortly after it happens.

No comments: